A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
Bring your passion for oncology patient care to our mission to prevent and cure cancer. As an oncology pharmacy technician, you will be part of a growing program on the forefront of Cancer Treatment and Research. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) offers world-class cancer care. As a leader in oncology, we take our research from the laboratory to the clinic, offering cutting edge therapies not available elsewhere, including Phase 1 clinical trials.
The infusion pharmacy at BMDACC is responsible for providing amazing pharmaceutical services for outpatient clinic patients. This outstanding position is a pharmacy technician III role at BMDACC. Our wonderful technicians at BMDACC provide chemotherapy and all supportive medications to cancer patients, under the supervision of pharmacists. There are several fantastic roles within the pharmacy, including sterile compounding, coordinating with nurses, and collaborating with pharmacists on pharmaceutical care. Additional remarkable benefits include the opportunity to receive CEUs.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to a team of clinical pharmacists in population health management. The technician will work under the supervision of clinical pharmacists. Primary responsibilities include pre-screening and support functions for Medication Therapy Management and Prior Authorizations. Other support functions include data gathering and entry, electronic document filing and electronic faxing. Additional responsibilities may include scripted phone calls to patients and/or physician offices.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Input and maintain data and documents in computer system, using programs to include, but not limited to, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Fortis.
2. Consolidate data to prepare reports for use by the Population Health Pharmacy Team. Allows for successful communication with Banner Providers for formulary alignment and increasing STAR Measures.
3. Research and evaluate initial clinical data necessary for the pharmacist to review and complete a prior authorization. This includes calling and/or faxing referring provider to obtain clinical information needed for the pharmacist to make determinations on Prior Authorizations in a timely manner.
4. Serves as a liaison between the patient and the pharmacist. Processes incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls, faxes and emails and responds to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
5. Gathers information to get a complete medication history using dedicated reports, patient records, physician/provider notes and medication usage documents. Contacts patients to complete a medication history, following pharmacist scripted protocols, to allow for successful Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Sessions between the pharmacist and the member.
6. Documents medication history and allergies in the electronic health record according to established procedures. Notifies pharmacist of medication history completion.
7. Works independently under regular supervision. Uses structured work procedures and independent judgment to solve problems and achieve high quality levels. Work output has a significant impact on business goal attainment. Customers include patients, pharmacists, providers, non-physician providers, other health care team members, health plan representatives and medical office staff for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable). Pharmacy technician certification required.
Must demonstrate 1 to 2 years of experience performing pharmacy technician duties in an Acute Care, Community Pharmacy, or Managed Care environment. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication information system software, Microsoft applications especially Excel, and must be able to prioritize tasks in a complex work environment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Prior Call Center experience preferred. Prefer independent worker, with good organizational, problem solving and some advanced computer skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23740
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.