In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure executives have the staff and facilities their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized health care leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community.
The CFO for Northern Colorado will have oversight of three amazing facilities with combined 527 beds. North Colorado Medical Center, McKee Medical Center and Ft. Collins Medical Center with Level II and Level III Trauma centers. An great opportunity for an experienced financial leader who is strategic, bigger picture thinker, has the vision to drive performance to support Banner's growth, and overall market share supporting your community. Healthcare experience required.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. McKee Medical Center is a 132-bed, acute-care hospital in Loveland, Colo., a vibrant arts community located 40 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, obstetrical, pediatric, orthopedic, surgical, heart, cancer, and critical care. The McKee Cancer Center and McKee Breast Center are among Northern Colorado's leading cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities. McKee is also a Level III trauma center. We are the only hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to be designated an Epicenter for robotic-assisted gynecological surgery by Intuitive Surgical, the manufacturer of the daVinci surgical robot. Our physicians, nurses and other health care professionals can train on state-of-the-art computerized patient simulation mannequins in our simulation center. McKee is accredited by The Joint Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has overall accountability for providing leadership, direction, and administration of financial activities, including accounting, financial systems and control, compliance, financial analysis, budgeting, and reporting at assigned facility/entity. This position also participates in and/or leads various system level work around service lines, revenue integrity, discipline teams, etc. This position oversees financial decision-making and serves as a member of the facility/entity senior leadership team. This position is also responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility and the overall patient experience.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership in the achievement of financial and operational performance objectives and expectations including revenue growth, operational margin targets, effective expense management and overall efficiency measures. This includes the use of analytical processes to assure the achievement of initiatives and the implementation of performance improvement opportunities in the areas of operational performance, clinical excellence, patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
2. Provides leadership in evaluation and assessment of growth and operational initiatives as well as the evaluation, development and implementation of strategic programs and service lines, capital acquisition (including campus planning and future expansion) and technological investment. This includes the evaluation and assessment on future facility operations to ensure strong financial and operating outcomes.
3. Supports the achievement of performance goals, defining accountabilities and providing advancement opportunities for future leaders. This includes the role of mentor for finance staff as well as increasing financial understanding throughout the facility in order to provide a framework for sound business decisions.
4. Provides leadership, supervision, guidance and development for staff, articulating and demonstrating an expectation for continuous quality improvement, as well as continually supporting and exhibiting company values and service standards. Identifies and provides growth opportunities for staff.
5. Drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and/or operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment. Promotes the use and implementation of technology in the workplace in order to streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work processes.
6. Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly-matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional, and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience.
7. Functions as an integral member of facility/entity operations, serving in an advisory capacity to applicable staff. In collaboration with leadership team members, directs and provides oversight regarding the strategic development, implementation, and maintenance of strong, comprehensive clinical and/or operational services and programs that meet system-wide organizational growth initiatives and the needs of patient populations in the community. Fosters the development and implementation of workforce initiatives effectively. Leads and influences change at the facility, regional, and/or system levels.
8. This position is responsible for the overall financial and operational performance, compliance and viability of the facility, including the development of short-term and long-term business strategies, the deployment of effective resource utilization, the ability to make sound business decisions and a complete understanding of operations. This position is responsible for coordinating services with other administrators, internal legal counsel, executives, and other staff. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Strong knowledge and understanding of business and financial healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other related degree.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of financial operations as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible financial leadership experience. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a way that reinforces the organization's mission, vision and values. Capable of providing leadership which displays a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations, participates in identifying problems and suggesting solutions through partnering with both facility and system leaders. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through written and oral presentations in a way that engenders understanding and trust. Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's Degree and prior experience working as a CFO in an integrated delivery system or medical center preferred. Membership in industry organizations or other credentials that show ability to network and obtain peer acceptance. Additional related healthcare finance education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.