You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
As a Patient Transport Dispatcher, you will be joining our very energetic engaged Clinical Care Operations (CCO) team that we like to call family! You will direct, and sometimes assist, the transport team in navigating patients throughout the hospital. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required (must meet AHA curriculum guidelines).
This is a full-time (40 hour) position, with shifts that may vary. Holiday availability and Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides efficient and timely coordination of transport services within the assigned facility. Coordinates and prioritizes all service requests. Provides quality customer service to ensure requests are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives and prioritizes a high volume of requests, dispatches staff in an efficient and timely manner as needed based on departmental guidelines and procedures. Utilizes problem solving skills and shows initiative to ensure that service goals are met.
2. Provides general direction to the department staff. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff. May assist with the work flow of the department and ensures adequate staffing levels are available.
3. Acts as the "Command Center" for facility-wide support service dispatching. Utilizes information received from healthcare staff and other departments to balance needs with available resources. Logs and tracks requests in software systems to assure they are assigned and covered.
4. May perform quality assurance inspections for review and assists with the correction of deficiencies. Evaluates quality and timeliness of work performed by staff.
5. May coordinate the maintenance of wireless communication devices, which may include, but is not limited to, pagers and two-way radios.
6. Facility based position. Responsible for providing efficient and accurate dispatch services. Customers: all levels of staff, physicians, patients, family members, visitors, vendors and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification required.
Requires interpersonal skills to operate in a direct patient contact environment, as typically obtained by 12+ months of previous experience in a related healthcare setting. Proficiency with medical terminology and knowledge of patient transport services. Ability to interpret verbal and written information/instructions and effectively communicate and provide direction to others. Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of computer skills, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and ability to reassess tasks in a fast paced environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior dispatch, patient transport or material management experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.