Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
Do you want to make an impact? Do you want to make a difference? Do you want a rewarding profession? If you have answered yes to these questions, then I ask you to come join our Sterile Processing Department at Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center. Banner Del Webb is currently an ACS level IV Trauma Center with a total of 10 surgical suites. We are on our journey to become the destination of choice for total joint replacements and the orthopedic Center of Excellence. Being part of the SPD team puts you in an environment that supports patient care and allows you to continue to grow within the Banner family. As a Sterile Processing Tech, you will provide services in the decontamination and sterile processing areas whenever monitoring of sterilizers is needed. This is an important role that collaborates with OR staff to provide sterile instruments and equipment needed for operative procedures. You will assist with ongoing inventory of sterile supplies, equipment, schedule completion and communication for the department. Additional responsibilities include performing duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision. Hours are overnight with weekend rotation. These shifts are eligible for a night shift differential of 18% on top of your hourly rate. If scheduled on a weekend, there is an additional $1 per hour for a weekend shift differential.
So why should you choose us? It is simple...This is your chance to stand out and continue to learn and stay on the cutting edge of technology. Be empowered and encouraged to maintain a curiosity and grow on a supportive and outstanding team. So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the proper care and handling of all general and specialty instruments including the cleaning, decontamination, instrument identification, assembly, packaging and distribution, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Decontaminates, assembles and packages all instruments following established protocols as well as perform necessary repairs, reassembles and stores specialized surgical instruments. Prepares all order requests as necessary for replacement parts for instruments and additional equipment as necessary or upon request of physicians.
2. Maintains a clean and safe environment by adhering to Standard Precautions and Infection Control practices. Staff will don proper Personnel Protective equipment (PPE), follows protocols for decontamination process referencing Instructions for Use (IFU) supplied by the manufacturers.
3. Identifies instruments for all specialties and assures proper function. Follows protocol for repair or replacement of instruments that are not functioning properly. Assembles and packages all instrumentation and sets according to dept. protocol. Utilizes equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and hospital policy.
4. Operates steam autoclaves, ETO and Gas Plasma sterilizers. Maintains appropriate logs and records relating to the sterilization process, including the Ethylene Oxide Aeration Records, Sterilizer Load Records, and Biological Monitoring Records.
5. Responds to problem calls from the Operating Room and performs preliminary investigation. Determines priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests and other hospital needs. Directs services in a competent and professional manner while assuring OR priorities are completed in a timely manner.
6. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires current national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor within two years of hire or transfer.
Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.