Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, "where can I go for help?" The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation's leading cancer centers, Banner Health's cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff. A vital member of the team includes our clinical nurse navigators who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner MD Anderson will be by their side.
This position will oversee our Oncology Medicine and Pathology Divisions.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5pm
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the overall leadership of regional employed physicians' practices. Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, capital purchases, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. This position serves as a resource for the organization's employed physician practices to address clinic practice and facility issues.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership for the organization's medical group that contributes to the growth of the organization and positioning as a market leader with employees and the community.
2. Assures financial stewardship in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Establishes performance measures, assess accomplishments, and evaluate operations. Works with medical group leadership team to identify revenue opportunities, as well as evaluate and implement cost management strategies.
3. Promotes high quality of service in all areas of responsibility. Supports process improvements that enhance provision of clinical services, outcomes and patient throughput. Together with the medical group leadership team and other organizational leaders, oversees an organizational structure that assures effective and efficient delivery of patient care in all areas of responsibility.
4. Fosters a culture of employee engagement and service excellence. Role models behaviors congruent with the organization's principles and values. Establishes high performance standards for service outcomes and works with leadership team to meet standards. Matches service delivery with service expectations, managing service improvement opportunities and sets the standard for a culture of recognition and celebration.
5. Ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new practices and services and allocates financial, informational and physical resources for improvement activities.
6. Focuses on partnering with other departments within the organization to improve delivery of patient care through employed physician practices, increase revenue potential and decrease costs.
7. This position serves as a leader for business health services and is responsible for developing the areas of responsibility to fit the organization's mission, vision and values and ensure operational goals are clearly communicated and measured. This position has administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaboration within an integrated healthcare system, including working with centralized system service departments, health plans, leadership teams is required.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/ or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or health services administration.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare management as normally demonstrated through at least five years of healthcare management experience. Must possess the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.