Clinical Support Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the daily performance of a team for an assigned functional area within a facility. This position would typically be working in a department providing patient services, support services, or administrative services. Schedules and supervises the work of assigned staff to ensure smooth work flow in the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Schedules and supervises the work of assigned staff to ensure smooth work flow in the department. Acts as a knowledge resource to staff in matters of department processes, technical skills, equipment, supplies and/or regulatory requirements.
2. Selects, trains and manages the performance of staff. Schedules staff in accordance with department needs, maintains labor expenses within budget guidelines. Provides daily direction to staff. Sets goals for individuals and for the team. Acts as a mentor and coach and provides development and growth opportunities for staff.
3. Monitors supplies, equipment and labor resources and stays within budget. Assists in developing goals, targets and action plans.
4. Identifies, addresses and communicates opportunities to improve work processes and enable achievement of goals in quality, productivity and customer satisfaction. Maintains statistics and reports on activity in areas of responsibility when required.
5. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
6. Works under general supervision. Incumbents in this position are accountable for the daily performance of a unit or team. Makes decisions guided by policies and procedures. Interacts primarily with direct reports, supervisor, internal customers, and patients.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification may be required.
Must possess skills and abilities normally attained with 3 years of related experience. Must be proficient and have working knowledge in area of service. Must demonstrate effective communication, team building, human relations and organization skills.
Must be familiar with commonly used office software and/or have the ability to learn new software applications if necessary.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.